I asked Roger Deakins how to become a better cinematographer, he told me to make documentary films. So that is what I have done for the last decade.
I started a FAN CLUB @EffectsPedalFanClub
I share photographs #shotoniphone @JustinBalog
I 🖤️ MUSIC
I 🖤️ MAKING MUSIC VIDEOS
︎︎︎ JACK YODER
︎︎︎ “DRIVER 8” by R.E.M.
︎︎︎ Southern Crescent 4-Track
︎︎︎ FIG 1: CORPS OF DISCOVERY
︎︎︎ CAMERA OP
︎︎︎ #HARDDRIVEOFDREAMS - Years ago...we met two brothers in a parking lot. Both brothers were Lewis n’ Clark larpers, and had planned a historic expeditionon down the mighty snake river to celebrate the original Corps of Discovery. We set out to make a documentary about it, we ended up making this music video. Our friend, @UltraRomance, joined us.
︎︎︎ FIG 2: PERSONAL HIGHLIGHT
︎︎︎ STANDING IN FOR MUNN POWELL
︎︎︎ FIG 3: SHARED TERRITORY - AUZANGATE
︎︎︎ SHARED TERRITORY IS AN INTERNATONAL DOCUMENTARY FILM PROJECT IMAGINED/DIRECTIED BY JUSTIN BALOG THAT CONNECTS PEOPLE AND THEIR LANDS.
JUSTIN BALOG (in no particular order):
- Born in ColoRADo to school teachers who worked side hustles as ski patrol professionals, painters and private music instructors.
- People I have worked with say I’m a nice guy with great energy.
- I love cameras.
- I love crews.
- I love collaborating.
- I ❤️️ CATS
- I played guitar in a punk rock band called SPATULA. I played guitar in a shoegaze band called GYPSY WHITLE.
- I connect with people.
- My highschool climbing partner once told me I’m a powerful force in the universe.
- OCEAN/DESERT/MOUNTAIN in that order.
- Discovered photography in high school under the mentorship of Mr. Wagner.
- I am an Eagle Scout.
Understood the power of the still photograph after studying the work of William Eggleston.
- My wife calls me STONE.
- I started a FAN CLUB for guitar effects pedals.
- SCUBA DIVER
- An Irish Buddahist named Murf performed our wedding cremony.
- Meditated at night, beneath the surface of the sea, guided only by the moon.
- Protect the innocent and vunerable.
- There was a time when I was pretty OK at bikes.
- Navigation is one of my super powers. Picking ripe apples is my other super power.
- I almost died in a snowstorm in the Andes at 20,000ft, but a very nice Peruivain family saved me.
- I LOVE LES PAULS
︎︎︎ WILDWOOD SPCEC CUSTOM SHOP LES PAUL > ZEN DRIVE > MYTHOS MJINOR > SOURCE AUDIO COLLIDER > ANALOGMAN CHORUS > 1968 FENDER VIBRO CHAMP